Monday, August 15, 2011

Birthday Plans

Clay Feet artists are beavering away putting work together for an exhibition which will include work by former members.  This is to celebrate the tenth birthday of our exhibiting group at The Old Bakery in Maylands, Perth http://www.oldbakery.com.au/ October 21 - November 20th  The venue has been renovated lately, and their motto is  'Fine Art, Fine Food, Fine Coffee'.  
My proposal to have our next meeting there to get really familiar with the space was accepted swiftly.  Will we get any actually discussion underway with all that coffee, cake and delish food.  Sigh - We'll see! 
Meanwhile we had a Show and Tell with some invited Ceramist guests lately.  Here is Narda McMahon above discussing her work while we were all troubleshooting materials and firing glitches she'd been experiencing.  Often our difficulties comprise balancing work, home PLUS clay - it can be tricky.
Personally I had it all worked out what I'd be making for this show, most of it bisqued and waiting to be completed, but, having just attended CAAWA's throwing workshop with the wonderful Janet DeBoos at Central TAFE in Northbridge, I feel compelled to change tack and go and throw lots of vases and bottles.  


The clay is calling me, my kick wheel is whispering my name ... gotta go!  

1 comment:

  1. I have never seen a kick wheel. Next time you are in the mood to blog could you blog about it !

    ReplyDelete

Please share your comments here...