Thursday, November 19, 2009

FREE SPEECH


Our blog is fairly new, we get few comments here.  I got one today, a snitty one liner deriding some work, sent by that infamous coward 'Anonymous'.  When I comment on people's blogs I reveal my identity and it is often a positive remark, constructive criticism or a technical question - which in turn opens an exchange of info. with the artist involved.   To quote Thumper's mother (in Disney's 'Bambi') I say 'If you can't say something good, don't say nothin' at all' - but that creates an imbalance of opinion, I get that.  I do say though, if you aren't being kind, helpful or useful - shut up.  There!  You've been edited!

1 comment:

  1. I am pleased that the anonymous comment didn't make you turn off the name/url/anonymous section of your comment form.
    I have recently had to add a comment policy on my blog because of a nasty troll harassing my daughter on her blog.In my comment policy I warn that I will edit comments until they amuse me and I will mock all trolls. Feel free to borrow my comment policy if you like. Cheers Kim

    ReplyDelete

Please share your comments here...